Monday, October 29, 2012

Not with a bang but a whimper.

I'm not through the woods yet.  I nursed Kashia for the last time Saturday morning while half sleeping.  I wanted to prepare myself for the last time I would nurse her, but I was not able to see things coming like this.  It ended not with a bang, but a whimper. This has been a very long and sad process.  I wanted to do it on my time and according to Kashia's needs, but Yao, and my doctor (bc of my thyroid problem) insisted on me getting it over with so she doesn't have to be dependent on me. 

Friday night was horrible.  She cried and laid on my belly all night.  I'm not as lucky as other moms, Kashia has still been waking up ever three hours or so during the night, and it's usually not a hassle because I was able to feed her and sleep.  However, our first time in a year feeding her with a bottle at night was not welcomed.  Her cries were piercing.  I had to leave the room many times.

She has now gone two days and two nights with just a bottle.  I am relieved and yet sad.  Now I can start on my medication to treat my hyperthyroid and Graves Disease... so that I can have another child in the future with no health problems.  Such a scary thought when someone tells you that your body has a disease that can keep you from having more and healthy children.

The problem with her only drinking cow milk is that she is not eating as much as she should be.  So much of her nutrition is coming from what a cow eats, GRASS!? She loves feeding herself, she loves eating apples and noodles... but she still is not eating as regularly as I hoped.  Any suggestions out there mothers?

With this switch to whole milk, she has been pooping so much! It's 2pm, and I've had 4 poopy diapers today.  It's getting harder and harder to eat that hummas in the fridge.  She is also showing early stages of a diaper rash, which is not fun.  In the last year, only twice were we thinking she might have diaper rash, but it never really stayed longer than a day.  Now, she is crying every time she has to poop or is pushing.  It's a sad sight.

These are a few pictures of Kashia in her new poncho I just had to buy for her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.